Harry Potter opened the world of fantasies, magic, and mystery for quite a lot of us as children. It had everything to become the favorite story of quite a lot of people out there. The novels as well as the movies despite the controversy that which one is better has without a doubt entertained millions of people of all ages.
The movies that were drafted after the books of JK Rolling becoming a hit spiked the popularity of this fictional magical world to a whole new level. Many people who already priased the story were able to view their favourite characters come to life and many others were introduced for the first to the land of Harry Potter. Despite the 8 movie polylog embedding itself in the heart of many people, But the question that many of the fans have is “Did Harry Potter Win Any Oscars?” Well without further ado lets get right into answering that.
No, Harry Potter has not won an Oscar. But has been nominated for one 3 times. There are quite a few reason why people conclude harry potter never won an oscar
Why Did Harry Potter Never Win An Oscar?
Well there is no definite reason for Harry Potter not have won an oscar, there are quite a few speculation and reasons why many interested people think that Harry Potter did not win an oscar. Some say that it was never a contender and never really shined at the technical aspects of things which lead to it not being able to win an oscar, whereas other say that one needs the knowledge of the books to completely link the whole movie and get the details right. However, as we all know the main concept can be understood quite well with only movies even if you are not a guy who is interested in reading novels
On the other hand some people go as far as to say that Harry Potter wasn’t given an oscar due to being a Warner Brothers project. It is a controversy without much proof to it but that is indeed some of the fans of the Harry Potter series believe. Down below are some words from some of the people who actually strived for the movie
“I think a lot of us look fairly wryly at the politics of the American Academy (of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences), of which I am a member,” said John Richardson, special effects supervisor on the Harry Potter movies.
“It does beg the question why did Harry Potter not get recognized at all for the last Deathly Hallows film?” he told Reuters at the press launch of the new Potter studio tour at Leavesden Studios just outside London.
“We got three nominations from the … Academy for probably one of the best-made and best-grossing films of the year, whereas a Martin Scorsese film, Hugo, which wasn’t anything like as successful, won three awards, or was it four?”
Did Harry Potter Win Any Other Awards
Well despite Harry Potter’s bad luck with Oscar it has still gotten its share of other awards. They are as follows:
- Satellite Special Achievement Award for Outstanding New Talent 2002 · Rupert Grint
- Young Artist Award for Best Leading Young Actress in a Feature Film 2002 · Emma Watson
- Costume Designers Guild Award for Best Costume Design – Period or Fantasy Film 2002 · Judianna Makovsky
- Saturn Award for Best Costume Design 2001 · Judianna Makovsky
- Evening Standard British Film Award for Best Technical/Artistic Achievement 2001 · Stuart Craig
- BFCA Critics’ Choice Award for Best Family Film 2002
Award Nominations Of Harry Potter
- Satellite Award for Best DVD Extra 2006
- Academy Award for Best Original Music Score 2002 · John Williams
- Academy Award for Best Production Design 2002 · Stuart Craig, Stephenie McMillan
- Academy Award for Best Costume Design 2002 · Judianna Makovsky
- Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Young Performer 2002 · Daniel Radcliffe
- BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role 2002 · Robbie Coltrane
- Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation 2002 · Chris Columbus, Mark Radcliffe, David Heyman, …
- BAFTA Award for Best British Film 2002 · Chris Columbus, David Heyman
- Japan Academy Prize for Outstanding Foreign Language Film 2002
- BAFTA Award for Best Special Visual Effects 2002 · Robert Legato, Roger Guyett, John Richardson, …
- BAFTA Award for Best Costume Design 2002 · Judianna Makovsky
- BAFTA Award for Best Sound 2002 · John Midgley, Eddy Joseph, Graham Daniel, …
- Producers Guild of America Award for Best Theatrical Motion Picture 2002
- Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite Movie 2002
- Satellite Award for Best Art Direction and Production Design 2002 · Stuart Craig
- MTV Movie Award for Best Breakthrough Performance – Male 2002 · Daniel Radcliffe
Hopefully, this article was helpful in answering “Did Harry Potter Win Any Oscars?” along with some related aspects. More4over, if you want to know how many movies of Harry Potter are there in total, we have an article written on that too, so do give it a look if you are interested “How Many Harry Potter Movies Are There?“. And if you want to know some interesting facts about Harry Potter, indepenent.co has a great article written on just that so do give it a look too “20 facts devoted Harry Potter fans should know” And last but not the least stay tuned to CinePhileSpeaks for more interesting articles about your favorite characters and stories